Thursday, February 24

Kiss the Cook

Yesterday I did the shopping, and today I’m tying on the apron. It’s time to get serious about cooking and freezing some meals for when Our Little Guy or Gal arrives.




Our menu:

The total grocery bill for all ingredients (not including basics like flour, olive oil, etc.) was $145.81. I didn’t use any coupons, only the rewards card at Food Lion, because I didn’t plan the meals around any specials. I’m hoping to have more structure (and more nutritional data) to our meal planning in the future, but this is a start for now.

This afternoon, I whipped up the Turkey Tortilla Casserole and the Meaty Moussaka.


I think tomorrow I'll try to get the Chicken Enchiladas, Lasagna and Beef Cheddar Pot Pie finished. 


In other news, my midwife is going to strip my membranes tomorrow in the hopes that we might be able to pop this kid out while Mr. Zookeeper is home next week. I'm only vaguely optimistic about the whole procedure because Our Little Guy or Gal seems pretty cozy at the moment, but it shouldn't hurt to try. Also, one week of being a Stay at Home Wife is enough to convince me I'm ready to add the "Mommy" title to my new gig. 


Almost forgot, pictures of the audience from my cooking show this afternoon:



No comments:

Post a Comment