Thursday, February 17

By any other name...

Mr. Zookeeper and I still haven't settled on a name for Our Little Guy or Gal. I'm sure part of our indecision stems from being "Team Green," but a great deal of it is also owed to us being masters of procrastination. 


At any rate, because we keep a running list of names, I am uniquely tuned into them in all situations -- whether it's the credits rolling after a movie or the name tag on our waitress. But yesterday, when it was Diesel's turn at the vet (his 1 year vaccinations), I got to play a fun game while glancing around at the posters on the waiting room walls: Does the name belong to Human or Pet?


Observe:


Photo selection #1: Mac and Rio:


Photo selection #2: Jorie and Sparkie (I'm sincerely hoping that "Sparkie" is the unhappy-looking kitty, but honestly...Jorie??)



Photo selection #3: Weaster and Scooter. (No, I didn't slip in an extra vowel...it really said "Weaster.")


Photo selection #4: Eudocio and Zippy. (This one might just be a nationality thing.)

And then there were the pets with human names, like Rita and Sara Lee.


Personally, I prefer pet names that scream "pet!" but sometimes even those attempts go awry. Like the adorable picture of a snowball puff of a puppy named "Zartan." (I kid you not.) 

At any rate, it kept me amused for a while, and I read them aloud to Diesel, too, who agreed we did a pretty darn good job naming him and he is confident we'll do the same for Our Little Guy or Gal. He also handled his shots like a champ and charmed all the staff with his dainty kisses and big smiles. <3 my little guy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment