Wednesday, March 14

Little gems The Husband dropped this week

Today is the third anniversary of our church wedding. I could waste some time/space by waxing poetic about all the ways The Husband continues to charm, amaze, and surprise me every day, but happy marriages like ours make for some fairly boring/borderline nauseating reading material.


Instead, how about I gift you with these gems I collected from The Husband this week. It helps if you know his personality is rather typical "male." He is the tall and very silent type. He has an engineering-type mind that showcases itself in the "actions speak louder than words" department.

Reading through them, they're not exactly laugh out loud material, but they did make me smile. Perhaps all you're looking for is a little smile?

Setting: Pulling into our driveway, The Husband tells me he will drop off Little Guy and me and scurry over to the store for a few essentials.
Him: Do you need anything?
Moi: Uhh...nope. No, wait... Coffee creamer.
Him: Ok.
(Rolling down the window as I walk towards the house with Little Guy)
Him: WAIT!!!! Don't we have a coupon on the refrigerator for that?

Setting: The Husband is giving Little Guy a bath while his own mother -- who was visiting from NY -- watches.
Mother-in-Law: Do you do bubble baths a lot?
Him: Well, we try not to do them too often because this soap is kind of expensive.

(Obviously I am a little obsessed with observing The Husband in money-saving mode.)

Setting: The Husband has wrangled Little Guy on the couch for a diaper changing session. He is trying to manage the wildly flailing limbs in one hand while settling the diaper underneath his butt with the other.
Him: Hold on! Hold on, little man! I'm not familiar with this diaper. We got a new diaper on the scene. Hold on!

(For the record, it was a BumGenius AIO.)

Setting: The Husband and I are watching How I Met Your Mother, in a scene where Barney is dancing in the background, pointing to his ring finger like a crazy man.
Him: I think he's listening to "If You Want It, You Put a Ring On It."

Yes, darling. You most certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment