Saturday, March 10

The Birthday Party

The day before Little Guy's actual birthday we had a party at my parent's house. Just an easy peasy get together for about 15 adults and 7 kids. The Husband chose the theme (Jeep) and we went pretty light on decorations. I think the total cost was probably about $50, including the cost of the toy car favors.


The invite was made on Picknik.com and layered on Splashup.com. I printed it in a 5x7 version at home using card stock paper.


I created the pennant banner by uploading a picture of a checkered flag onto the Paint program and adding the filled-in white circle with a blue outline. It was then uploaded onto Picnik.com, where I used their software to add the letters. I printed on card stock paper, cut the flags out, punched a hole at the top, and used blue ribbon to string it together.



We purchased one of those corny high chair decorating kits for $3 from PartyCity.com. Also, a few treat bags and party noisemakers for the littler guests. I filled the treat bags with crayons, candy, and a thank you note/coloring page that went with our Jeep theme.




We decorated with white and blue balloons, threw down a white plastic tablecloth, and had paper goods in a checkered flag theme.


My mom made cupcakes with "dirt" frosting, and also dirt cake cups (which are not pictured). We added checkered flags, ordered from PartyCity.com, and a mix of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars (about $5 for a package of 5)  that I found in off-road theme groups.


Pointing at fire.


Posing with no fire.


Cake SMASH and the baby bump.



Opening presents with cousins.





No comments:

Post a Comment