Wednesday, March 30

May your song always be sung...

Well, my plans to sit down and write a letter to Little Guy to mark his first month were overreaching, to say the least. I'm hoping to finish up a week-by-week summary for Saturday, but in the meantime, I thought I'd share the few songs I find myself singing over and over again to him as he nurses, sleeps, or fusses.


"Forever Young," Audra May and the Forest Rangers.




Of course we have to use the Sons of Anarchy video. I might not be able to get out on my bike this summer, but I'm not ready to put it up on Craigslist just yet either. Little Guy needs to know he has a Motorcycle Mama.



"Somewhere Over the Rainbow," Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.




A beachy video for my Virginia Beach baby.


"You Are My Sunshine," LiliAna Rose




I sang this nearly every day while I was pregnant.


"Nautical Disaster," The Tragically Hip




We actually listen to a lot of Hip throughout the day, but this is the song that works best when he is being a Mr. Fussy Pants. Yes, kind of depressing and odd, but whatever gets the job done, eh?


"Fiddler's Green," The Tragically Hip




And this is the Hip song that never fails to make me tear up as we sway around the house. Incidentally, September 17, 2004, is the date that Mr. Zookeeper and I first met in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment